I’m super happy to announce that The Navigatio has been nominated for the Liebster Awards by Blushy Darling! Check out her post about it here.
For those who aren’t familiar with the Liebster Award, it’s an award given to bloggers by bloggers to help them grow their audiences and connections in the blogging world. I’m super happy that The Navigatio got nominated because obviously I’m a pretty new blogger to the blogging world. It’s so nice to see that people actually go out of their way to nominate me for this award!
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Write a 150-300 word post on your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Answer your questions and provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions. (Don’t forget to inform the people/blogs you nominated about it.)
- List these rules in your post.
My favourite blog
I’ve been reading a lot of blogs lately! Mainly get a grip on how other bloggers write, what they write about and get inspiration for my own blog.
My favourite blog to read at the moment is The Kitty Luxe , a lifestyle blog that also covers topics about beauty, fashion and travel. What I love so much about the blog is the witty writing style, the gorgeous photography and the interesting topics. I love seeing how motivated Holly is and how serious she takes her work as a blogger. It motivates me a lot to put a lot of work and effort into The Navigatio.
Check out The Kitty Luxe here!
I would love to nominate these beautiful blogs for the Liebster Award:
- Josh and Kristyn
My questions for them
- What is your blogging goal?
- What book has had a big impact on your life? (or movie!)
- List three things about yourself that you are proud of.
- Is there any fictional world you’d like to live in?
- Are there any tips you’d give a new blogger?
The questions answered
1.What is your favourite song?
At the moment I’m really enjoying Lights’ new album Skin&Earth. I’ve been a big fan of Lights for years and despite her new album sounding very different, I am absolutely loving it. My favourite song on the album is currently Kicks and Morphine.
2. What is your main goal for this year?
This year I’ve been working a lot on self improvement. That means that I’m trying to eat healthier, relax more but also work hard on my blog and my last year at university. I have the habit of taking on way too many projects and I’ve been trying to find a balance between work and fun.
3. Is there a character in a book that perfectly describes you?
Even though I read a lot as an English student, I don’t think I’ve ever come across a character that would describe me perfectly. One of my all-time favourite fictional characters is Alice from Alice in Wonderland, though. I love her curiosity!
4. What’s your all time favourite lip product?
Currently I am loving the Nyx Lingerie lip products a lot! I like how they stay on my lips almost all day and how they leave such a lovely matt finish. If you haven’t tried them out yet, I’d definitely recommend it!
5. What’s your favourite quote?
Probably “Get busy living or get busy dying.” It reminds me of how you can fill in your own happiness and your own life. If I have days where I feel very unmotivated, this quote reminds me that I have to put effort into shaping my life the way I want it to be shaped.
6. When you are eating a meal do you eat your favourite thing first or last?
I usually eat my favourite thing last. It’s like a little reward for eating all the things that I didn’t like as much. I think if I’d eat my favourite bit first, the other foods won’t taste as nice anymore.
10 random facts about myself
- Alice in Wonderland and To Kill A Mockingbird are my two favourite books.
- Even though I used to hate autumn, it’s my favourite season now.
- English was my worst subject during high school, I never imagined to try and make a career out of it one day!
- Mulan is my favourite Disney movie and I think it’s super underrated.
- I don’t eat a lot of meat. I try to eat purely vegetarian for at least 4 days a week, but I’ve not managed to cut it out completely.
- Unfortunately, I have the bad habit on taking way too many projects at the same time and taking up challenges that are way too difficult in order to prove myself. It’s definitely something I need to work on.
- I have 8 piercings in my ears and I really want to get more but there’s not a lot of space left haha!
- My Dutch accent has faded over the last couple of years, but I still don’t sound British. Most people think I’m Canadian, American or Irish. I think my accent is something pretty unique and doesn’t sound like anything else and I’m learning to love it more and more.
- I love tea and coffee! I’ve been trying more loose leaf teas lately and been absolutely loving it! If anyone has any recomendations, let me know!
- My dream destination is Japan but after having visited Disneyland Paris I’d love to go to Florida to visit Disneyworld!
Thank you so much for reading and please check out the blogs mentioned in the post! I’m sure you’ll love them as much as I’m loving them!
What’s your favourite blog at the moment?