As a lover and student of creative writing, literature and storytelling I’ve decided that I do not read enough for my aspiring profession. I need to obsorbe stories! My Kindle has helped me read more books than my set reading goals, but now I have discovered another amazing tool that helps me consume book after book; Audiobooks!
WHY AND WHEN
The reason I started listening to audiobooks is because of all the reading I had to do for my university course this year. I struggled go get through it all. My friend recommended audiobooks, so I could listen to these books while doing other things. Before going to sleep, while getting ready in the morning, on the bus to work/university, while having a bath. It’s given me so much more time to read. It’s a nice little change from reading on my kindle and paper books!
- “Elon Musk” by Ashlee Vance | Elon Musk is a big inspiration to a lot of people, including myself. This biography gave a great insight of his vision, his drive and how he’s gotten where he is today. It really opened my eyes what it takes to become what Elon is today. Very inspiring!
- In Order to Live: A North Korean Girl’s Journey to Freedom | A very memorable biography of a North Korean girl who escaped the country’s dictatorship. Both heartbreaking and inspiring. A story that has stayed with me ever since I listened to it.
- “Ready Player One” by Ernest Cline | One of the books I’ve been meaning to read for months but never had the time to. But with this audiobook I listened to it while getting ready in the morning, on my way to work and during my break. It’s probably one of my new favourite sci-fi / dystopian novels! I love the gaming aspects of the novel, the characters and the fast pace – you really don’t want to stop listening!
- “Fahrenheit 451” by Ray Bradbury | A classic dystopian novel, one that I loved reading a few years back. Apart from it being an amazingly well-written novel, the narration by Tim Robbins in this Audiobook makes the story come to live like never before. It drags you in. It makes the story even more impressive. A very good introduction to see how an Audiobook can bring the story so much extra.
- “The 4-Hour Work Week” by Timothy Ferriss | Listening to this Audiobook really changed my perspective on entrepreneurship and productivity. A go-to book for everybody who needs a little boast!
If you want to try audiobooks but don’t want to spend any money on it just yet, you can follow the link below for a free trial! This gives you one month of audible for free, including one audiobook of your choice. You can cancel any time, so you won’t have to spend a single penny 🙂
Click here for a free audible trial!
Do you like audiobooks?
What are your favourites?