Some of the best virtual tours you can take from your laptop during lockdown! All in one handy blog post 😉
We’re all stuck in at home. The only “trip” we can look forward to in the foreseeable future is our weekly trip to the supermarkets… Obviously, it’s incredibly important to stay home, protect ourselves and others. But that doesn’t mean that cabin fever should get the best of you! If you’re looking for some things to do to help that itchy wanderlust feeling during these difficult times, virtual tours, classes and travel expeditions may be the way forward! I’ve compiled some of the best online travel experiences you can enjoy now.
Virtual Travel Classes / Experiences
- Pasta classes with Nonna: Learn how to make pasta an Italian 84 year old grandma from your own home. The classes take 2 hours and can be booked on Nonna’s website.
- Free French cooking classes: Not in the mood for Italian? What about some French dishes? La Peetch Kitchen is hosting free classes every Monday and Saturday. You can sign up here.
- Learn a language: Use your time at home to pick up a new language skill! There are tons of free language learning resources available online for you to start. For more tips and recourses, check out my language learning blogpost.
- Virtual wine tasting: Anyone else reaching for the bottle now we’re unable to leave the house? Why not do it in style with a virtual wine tasting? Every Tuesday and Thursday, you can join one. Sounds too good o be true? Learn more here.
- Airbnb virtual experiences: If none of these sound like your cup of tea, it may be worth checking out all the other virtual experiences that are hosted on Airbnb. From cooking classes to feeding farm animals – people have gotten really creative! Check them out here.
Get a discounted Airbnb experience signing up through this link. You will get £34 on your Airbnb account, £9 of which can be used for Airbnb experiences. The rest can be used for Airbnb stays – after quarantine is over ;).
Virtual Museum Tours
- Picasso Museum, Barcelona (Spain): Enjoy a free virtual tour through the Picasso Museum in Barcelona here.
- NASA, USA: Always wanted to have a peek inside NASA? That’s now possible with their virtual tours!
- The National Gallery of Art, London (UK): The National Gallery of Art in London can also be enjoyed from your sofa with their online tours. You can find them here.
- The Louvre, Paris (France): De Louvre has also added a few virtual exhibitions you can enjoy over on their website.
- The Vatican, Rome (Italy): The Vatican has quite a few amazing 360-view tours of the rooms in the Vatican Museum. Check them out here.
- Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam (Netherlands): Walk through the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam with their virtual tour.
- National Women’s History Museum (USA): Learn about women’s history in the online exhibits of the National Women’s History Museum here.
- National Museum Of The United States Airforce: Navigate through the entire museum with the virtual tour that can be found on their website.
- The Dali Museum: Check out some of the free exhibitions at the Dali Museum’s website.
Virtual Landmark Tours
- Acropolis Monuments, Greece: A detailed look at the Acropolis Monument in Greece. Check out the tour here.
- Dutch Tulip Fields, Keukenhof (Netherlands): Enjoy the beautiful tulips in Keukenhof from your home with their 360 degree tour.
- Machu Picchu (Peru): Have you always wanted to see Machu Picchu? Check out their online tours here.
- Northern Lights (Iceland): Another bucket list item that can be enjoyed from the comforts of your own home during this lockdown is the Northern Lights. You can watch the live cam here.
- Jerusalem: Wander through Jerusalem with this one day Jerusalem tour.
- Cliffs of Moher (Ireland): Stunning 360 views of the famous Cliffs of Moher in Ireland can be found here.
- Central Park, New York City (USA): Central Parks also joined the virtual tours with their own park tour which can be found here.
- Yosemite National Park (USA): More beautiful nature scapes in one of the most beautiful parks in the US, Yosemite National Park. Enjoy the free live webcams here.
- Rocky Mountain Soundscape (USA): Want to fully emerge yourself in the outside world again? Check out these free Rocky Mountain soundscapes.
- Stonehenge (UK): Another cool 360-view of one of the UK’s most popular sights: Stonehenge. Check it out here.
- The Great Wall Of China (China): Walk the Great Wall of China from your laptop with their virtual tour which can be found here.
Virtual Animal Tours
- San Diego Zoo: San Diego’s Zoo has lots of live cams to enjoy from home and see the animals. Check them out here.
- Safari live-streams: And Beyond is hosting free safari live streams on their social media. You can learn more about them on their website.
- Atlanta Zoo Panda Cam: Love pandas? Check out the pandas at Atlanta zoo with their live cam here.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Cam: if you enjoy relaxing while watching some colourful fish swim around, check out Monterey Bay Aquarium live cams here. There are cams for many different tanks to choose from.
- The Great Barrier Reef: Looking for a more interactive underwater experience? Check out David Attenborough’s Great Barrier Reef experience. Explore the reed while learning about the ocean.
I hope these will keep you busy and help calm down those wanderlust feelings during these scary times. Stay safe, wash your hands and let me know which one of these you enjoyed most!